Put into practice what you're studying and benefit by working on real projects.
We offer two types of placement:
- Industrial Placements - typically 6 months to 1 year long depending on your university course
- Summer Vacation Placements - typically 8 weeks long between July and September
Our Industrial Placements are 6 months to 1 Year long depending on your university course. We are looking for students who are studying a degree course in Electronic Enegineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Computer Studies or Maths.
If you are interested in applying then please use the online form to apply.
Summer Vacation Placements
Join us as an undergraduate student on summer vacation and get paid an excellent monthly salary. During your time with us - typically eight weeks - you'll join a project team which will give you an opportunity to learn, and to develop new skills within the varied and interesting engineering work which takes place here.
Should you be accepted onto our summer vacation scheme you will find it rewarding both for yourself and your career.
To help you find your feet, if you need to live away from home during your summer placement with us we'll give you practical assistance in finding local accommodation.
In order to make it to interview, you will:
- Have achieved well above average performance in A Level examinations, and demonstrate the ability to achieve a 2:1 or equivalent in your degree course.
- Ideally be in your 2nd or 3rd year , studying a full-time degree course in Electronic Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics (or a related discipline). However, if you are at the close of your 1st year of study or studying part-time you are still welcome to apply.
- Already have some practical experience of electronics or software, so that during your placement useful work can be conducted in the laboratory under the supervision of an engineer.
You must have the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. In order to obtain full security clearance, candidates should ideally be a British Citizen however you can hold another nationality and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.