Vision based capability for UAV autonomous landing.
The recovery of a UAV is the most challenging and hazardous part of a UAV flight. Our system, based on 20 years of image processing expertise, provides a passive, self-contained auto-landing capability for both fixed and rotary wing UAVs.
- Autonomous Flight - The system can be integrated into the flight control system or autopilot to enable truly autonomous landings.
- Easy Installation - It's small size and low weight make it easy to integrate onto UAVs.
- Covert Operations- Use of passive sensors make operation undetectable.
- Low Cost - COTS sensors have been used to keep cost to a minimum.
- GPS Independent - Works in a GPS denied environment.
- Moving Platforms - Landings can be achieved on moving platforms, such as a ship's deck.
- Self-contained - The system does not require any ground infrastructure.
How it Works
The autoland system is suitable for both fixed and rotary wing UAVs.
UAV / UGV Rendezvous
Click on a panel below to select a demonstration of the autoland technology.
This video demonstrates the visual tracking system at work, and is taken from a helicopter's camera while hovering over a landing area marker. Overlaid onto the video feed are red and green lines which mark the edge of the marker. Also shown in the top-left corner are the resulting calculated co-ordinates (XYZ) from the landing marker. Notice how at one point the marker is lost from the video feed but that tracking resumes when it returns to the field of view.
Download the Datasheets for More Information
Autolanding UAVs: Vision for the Future - Download White Paper
The need for fully autonomous flights from takeoff to landing presents a number of complex challenges to solve. This whitepaper looks at those challenges and appropriate technologies to address them.