Changing how we operate
COVID-19 has profoundly changed everyday life, in the UK, at home and in the workplace. As a business, keeping people safe remains our number one operational priority and in response to the pandemic, our efforts have focused on:
- Adapting to Government and Public Health England’s advice and guidelines
- Protecting ourselves, our families, our customers and the wider community
- Safeguarding projects and critical outcomes for our customers
We will not compromise on safety and have put in place all of the recommended processes and protocols to reduce the spread of infection. Our business continuity plans evolve, as the situation changes, to ensure risks are managed in an agile and responsive manner.
Protecting everyone’s health and welfare
In true Roke spirit, our employees are playing an active role in keeping ourselves and others safe, adapting their working practices into daily operations at home, on-site or on customers’ premises. Our Mental health first aiders are a valued source of support and employees can also access confidential and free health and wellbeing services, designed to help individuals and their families recognise and deal with emotional and social impacts.
Our preventative measures include:
- Facilitating working from home for those employees who can
- Reconfiguring offices to maintain social distancing and introducing new safety measures, such as barriers, where social distancing is not possible
- Enhancing cleaning regimes to ensure communal areas and ‘hot-touch’ surfaces such as door handles are cleaned frequently
- Encouraging and reinforcing good handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Restricting travel both internationally and domestically
- Restricting and controlling third party visitors, by holding virtual meetings where possible or employing further controls if visitors need to physically attend site
- Implementing a responsible recruitment process, with virtual interviews and on-boarding procedures taking place
- Publishing an interactive COVID-19 playbook that sets out the control measures and processes for how we will work together to maintain a COVID secure workplace.
Safeguarding outcomes that are critical to our customers
Work continues on all our projects both remotely, and safely on site where required. As a trusted partner to our defence, national security and industry customers, we are focused on delivering critical services to them during this time.
Paul MacGregor, managing director, commented:
“I’m immensely proud of how Roke is responding to this pandemic. All our people have demonstrated great commitment and support to each other, to our company and to our customers. Together, we will combat coronavirus and emerge through this stronger.”